Friday, September 08, 2006

Crochet Baby Blanket

I originally intended for this to be a music blog, but due to lack of activity and the introduction of labels, I've decided to expand things. In keeping with the title of this blog (and just because I think 3 is a nice, stable number) I'll be writing about music, knitting, and some other topic to be determined.

And now for my first knitting post...

Current Project

Baby Blanket
August 2006 - unfinished
  • Type: crochet
  • Stitch/Pattern: crosshatch stitch
  • Needle: size G crochet hook
  • Yarn: TLC Baby

Baby Blanket



Baby Blanket close up

A friend of mine had a baby recently, so I've taken on the daunting task of knitting a blanket for the little guy. I usually stick to scarves, but I'm starting to branch out. I think of this as just a really wide tri-color scarf. I still have a long way to go and borders to add. (Haven't quite figured out what that will look like yet.) Hopefully I'll have the finished product ready by Christmas, but I'll be happy if this thing is done before the kid grows up.

(If you noticed the baby booties in the first picture, that's something I'll get to in another post.)

5 comments:

Yvo Sin said...

i like the booties!
the third topic should be food, duh!

C said...

I can't decide between food or travel. Food will take up too much time. On the other hand, I don't travel that often. But I've been meaning to post the Japan travelogue for 2 1/2 years...

natis said...

I was going to say food. It's something that you experience every day and it's something that you can either write about in terms of your own experimentations or going out to eat.

Plus I'll admit, it's for partially selfish reasons. As much as I love traveling, I'd love to read about food more often. I've been on the fence about turning natis.net into a communal blog where either it's about people talking about technology and the design aspects of it or a food one.

--natis

six2six said...

how about nyc in general? you take a lot of pictures wherever you go, so they can come in handy.

i'm gonna have to ask you to teach me how to knit... i think this will be the third time now? =P

Yvo Sin said...

you could make the 3rd topic "random/misc" :)

ps why doesn't it show on your main page you have comments? am going to go back and look again.